Ford sequential gearbox conversion
Our sequential shifter has been sold worldwide and is currently fitted to many high-performance road & race cars. Inside a sequential shifter forces can be quite high while other designs might jam or break our unique design guarantees much more efficient shifts and lower internal forces on the shifter guaranteeing reliability all rotation parts run on ball bearings, we design for performance and not cosmetics. This is indisputably the quickest shifter for a t56 synchro box this is the ultimate shifter for your t56 gearbox.
- Light weight & low-profile design
- Precise mechanical feed back to the driver
- Fast consistent shifting
- Mechanical reverse lock out for safety and ease of installation
- Option of 0-5V position sensor for use with data logging and electronic dash equipment, can also be used for gear-based boost settings and other applications.
- Proven performance
- Neutral can be selected between every gear
Our sequential shifter does not work by forcing the gearbox into gear and will actually apply less force to the internals than a standard shifter and far less miss shifts will drastically reduce gearbox wear. The shifter has been specifically designed for use with synchro gearboxes and the loads encountered under hard driving, you will not break this shifter!
The shift speeds are improved purely through the greatly improved usability for the driver. The simple pull back to up shift and push forwards to down shift is much easier to coordinate all movements under racing loads than the H-pattern shift. We have also optimised the design for the best driver feedback possible we do not add any rubber joints to give the driver a smoother feeling as in the performance application we would call that a vague shift.
What’s included in this kit?
There are multiple options to choose but all include everything needed to convert your car to sequential shift:
- If you like the simplicity of no electronics you might like to order the shifter with no accessories.
- If your car is fitted with an aftermarket dash display you will probably be able to display the gear on this with only the gear position sensor (0-5V output).
- If you want a gear display and have a standard dash display in your car the easiest way is without gear position sensor and gear indicator.
Which gearboxes will this version fit?
This version is to suit what would be considered the early Ford t56 cars and include the gearboxes from:
- Ba Falcon (t-56) Fg Falcon (tr-6060)
- Many American spec fords
- If you are unsure which gearbox you have please ask and we will work it out with you.
All sequential shifters are now in stock ready to ship, we will usually ship within 24 hours with dhl express which will normally take 2-3 days to your door world wide.
Installation instructions can be downloaded as pdf here Ford sequential gearbox conversion instructions. Please notice that a slight modification must be made to the gearbox housing for ford variant of the shifter.
Street test video can be seen here : sequential gearbox conversion street test
Other videos including on track here : sequential gearbox conversion video