Viper sequential gearbox conversion
2021 version available now
This shifter will convert your standard H-pattern gearbox to sequential operation with a simple bolt fitting for repeatable quick shifts. This product has been designed for easy instaliation for anyone with basic mechanical skills. Get the next gear every time! It’s not possible to get the wrong gear with this shifter. No more accidental 2-5 shifts costing races or 5-2 costing engines.
- ~ Precise mechanical feed back to the driver.
- ~ Fast consistent shifting.
- ~ Mechanical reverse lock out for safety and ease of installation.
- ~ Option of 0-5V position sensor for use with data logging and electronic dash equipment this can also be used for gear-based boost settings and other applications.
- ~ Optional gear indicator ( requires position sensor to work).
- ~ Proven performance.
- ~ Neutral can be selected between every gear.
- 2021 update smooth shift indexing cam
- 2021 update left lever version available
- 2021 Dogbox/faceplate version available
Get the next gear every time! It’s not possible to get the wrong gear with this shifter. No more accidental 2-5 shifts costing races or 5-2 costing engines.
Our sequential shifter does not work by forcing the gearbox into gear and will actually apply less force to the internals than a standard shifter and far less miss shifts will drastically reduce gearbox wear. The shifter has been specifically designed for use with synchro gearboxes and the loads encountered under hard driving, you will not break this shifter!
The shift speeds are improved purely through the greatly improved usability for the driver. The simple pull back to up shift and push forwards to down shift is much easier to coordinate all movements under racing loads than the H-pattern shift. We have also optimised the design for the best driver feedback possible we do not add any rubber joints to give the driver a smoother feeling as in the performance application we would call that a vague shift.
What’s included in this kit?
The basic kit includes everything you need to convert your gearbox to sequential shift including the shift knob but we do have some options :
- ~ If you like the simplicity of no electronics you might like to order the shifter with no accessories.
- ~ If your car is fitted with an aftermarket dash display you will probably be able to display the gear on this with only the gear position sensor (0-5V output).
- ~ If you want a gear display and have a standard dash display in your car the easiest way is without gear position sensor and gear indicator.
- ~ The offset lever option can be used to move the lever in every direction.
- The shifter surround part is designed specifically for the right lever style, this may ot fit the left lever style
This shifter will fit the viper gearbox, it will not clear standard Viper body work so is suitable for race teams, custom builds and anyone willing to make it work. We cannot make a viper shifter that will fit in the oem position as there is not enough clearance for the mechanisim in the car. This viper shifter is the same as our ford version but with modifications to some of the parts. Due to the rarity of the viper we cannot justify a full podcution run so this is made to order ( we modify the ford shifter that we have in stock)
Installation instructions can be downloaded as pdf here Ford sequential gearbox conversion instructions. Please notice that a slight modification must be made to the gearbox housing for viper variant of the shifter.
Street test video can be seen here : sequential gearbox conversion street test
Other videos including on track here : sequential gearbox conversion video
All direct mount shifters are design to fit the gearbox and not a specific car, with direct mount shifters most require some trimming of the transmission tunnel and we have the “shifter surround” part available to seal this back up. In most cars the shifter will clear the interior trims and look neat once installed, if you can’t find a picture of a shifter installed in your model of car send us a message.
#sequential #s1sequential #racecar #protouring #driftcar #hotrod #stickshift
This design is Patent Pending